In order to find the right child care in Townsville, it’s always a wise decision to start early. You should be looking for a day care which not only gives care to your child but also helps foster their learning. It would have a positive impact on your child’s future education as well. The best time to search for one is at least three or four months prior to the time your child would start attending a day care. The following tips would help you find a Townsville day care centre at the right time.
- Get to know what exactly you are looking for in a day care. It should be able to cater to you and your child’s specific needs. You need to keep in mind how many hours your child would be attending the Townsville child care. Are you looking for a day care which is ear to your home or your work place?
- Take advice from friends. May be you know people who have children already attending a day care. Make sure you talk to them regarding their experience. Are they happy with the way their child is doing at his or her day care. You can even get a few references from acquaintances and then research those day care on your own.
- While you may not be able to contact everyone on the list but make sure you at least talk to three or four day care service representatives. If possible get to speak to the supervisor in person. Get to know how they entertain the children while they are at day care. What strategies do they use and so on?
- If possible make sure you visit the day care in person as well. This would help you get to know on a first hand basis what exactly a day care would be able to provide to your child.
When you visit a day care, make sure observe all of the following to make an informed decision:
- The environment of the day care should be clean and inviting. It should be a safe haven for child to move around and explore.
- Take a look at the way the staff or the caregivers interact with the children. They should have a calm and collected attitude. At the same time they should be able to make the child feel secure and happy with their attention.
- They should have a set plan of dealing with children in case there is an emergency.
- The staff should be trained in providing first aid or CPR if the need arises
- Plus they should have a strict protocol when it comes to distributing medications. They should be in constant touch with parents if they feel that the child needs to be administered a dose of certain medicine.
- They should also be able to provide age appropriate activities for the children of various ages who attend the day care.
When you keep the above mentioned things in mind, searching for a day care in Townsville becomes much easier.