Rod McGarvie for Qld - Lead Senate Candidate
Rod McGarvie and his wife Cindy have been married for 29 years and they have five children. They live in the Brisbane suburb of Mitchelton. Rod originally a qualified carpenter and joiner, also served as a Combat Engineer in the Australian Army, during which time he was part of a Peacekeeping force in Namibia. He later went on to study business and gained an MBA.
After his service in the Defence Force, he returned to Africa with his family where he and Cindy lived and worked for 12 years, much of which was as Executive Director of a language translation and literacy organisation in Uganda and Tanzania, leading a team of 200 international and African staff.
Greatly concerned by the direction Australian politics was heading, Rod returned to Australia in 2010 to run as the LNP candidate in the north Brisbane federal seat of Lilley, running again in 2013.
However, after the LNP walked away from taking action on repealing section 18C, along with their growing unsteadiness on the issue of traditional marriage, Rod felt he needed to find a party that better stood up for the foundational values that have made this nation strong.
As a result Rod is now standing as the Lead Senate Candidate for Family First Queensland.
Family First is Australia’s leading independent party, with long experience serving in the balance-of-power all over the nation.
Qld voters will be very well served by voting 1 for FAMILY FIRST in the Senate.
FAMILY FIRST supports:
- Jobs – your right to work, and helping young people get jobs
- Affordable housing – reviving the Great Australian Dream of home ownership for all
- Lower taxes – a 20% tax rate for all Australians and less red tape
- Affordable energy – getting our living costs and business costs down so more people have jobs
- Safer roads – fixing Queensland’s ‘black spots’ to make our roads safer for all
- Water and export markets for family farms – land and water ownership policies to help our farmers feed the world
- Free speech, freedom of conscience and religion – defending the freedoms upon which this great nation was built.
Find other Family First candidates: FamilyFirstQld.org.au/candidates.